There is always a “Do It Yourself” way for any kind of problems you may face at home or your property. Homeowners face leaking taps as it is the most common household plumbing problems. The constant dripping and running water is not only annoying and seems to drive anyone crazy, but also wasting clean water and increase water bill. Fortunately, when it comes to having a leaky tap, there absolutely is a quick repair since it’s fairly simple to tackle it yourself.
What do you do to save water if you have a leaking tap?
- Troubleshoot the signs early. Dripping and running taps won’t be able to cure themselves. Sometimes when taps already leak and drip but stops after a while, it affects the water quality. So catching it early will avoid worse leaking tap problem.
- Turn off the valve. Turning off the valve horizontally under the sink is done for stopping the water to run to prevent any overflowing.
- Drain the tap. Turning the tap on until water stops flowing from it. Put in the stopper to avoid losing any hardware down the plughole
- Change the washer. A leaking tap is usually dripping and basically because of a faulty washer. Changing the washer and replacing it with a new one is the next step. Know the type of tap you have to understand how to work or replace it. Then, look on the handle of the tap to remove the headgear which reveals cartridge and rubber seal. Look closely if there is anything wrong with it. If yes, you may need to replace one or both parts because there is likely some grit or dirt that got in there which cause dripping tap.
- Wrap it up. Reassemble the tap in the same way it was taken apart. This should not be a hard part to do.
- Turn it back on. Check to see if it is working by turning the water on again. Your tap should be running smoothly without dripping now. Do this step for a couple of times to see if it keeps leaking.
Those steps might sound so easy to anyone who likes to do everything themselves. If you feel like that is a great hassle or you still have no idea how or don’t want to fix it, the best alternative is to call a professional plumber that knows what they’re doing.
You should have an excellent relationship with a local plumber you can put their trust in. Next, you can take proper care of bathroom plumbing upkeep, and never be distressed about something taking place that can harm your bathroom. Do not take for granted your pipelines and plumbing system as it might you should be a matter of time before you have a critical issue to cope with. This is true both for investment property and business premises. You do not want your bathroom in the home out of order, particularly if you just have one! With bathroom plumbing upkeep, you can normally abstain from these worries
With Local Inner West Plumber, you will get an exceptional plumbing service for your home needs and leave no mess at all! Our experts are licensed, experienced and equipped with the needed tools in order to repair your plumbing problem. We offer you a free quote for a plumbing service that is affordable and within the budget for a repair with complete satisfaction which includes keeping your house clean. Contact us now, through email or phone call, for a free quote or book an appointment so your plumbing problem won’t stop you from doing your daily activities anymore!